Dear Family School Families,
Family School is cancelled once again due to freezing rain! The advisory is now until 7pm according to accuweather.com. Safety is our main concern. Please put in to your thoughts that we will be extending the school year and keep Tuesdays available for few weeks after our original end date. Our last Tuesday was originally scheduled to be May 16, 2017. Please keep your calendars open for a possible 4 additional Tuesday into June. More info will follow.
This Saturday February 11, 2017 @ 10 am is our monthly Shabbat Community Day followed by our pot luck lunch, it is also our TuB'Shevat Seder. Please plan on attending with your families. All are welcome, bring friends and family to celebrate the trees!
Saturday February 11, 2017 is our PreK-K Class 10am-12pm followed with our pot luck and TuB'Shevat Seder.
Looking forward to seeing all next Tuesday, February 14 2017 Family School 4 - 6:30 pm. PLEASE REMEMBER TO STUDY HEBREW. IT REALLY MAKES A HUGE DIFFERENCE AND IS A BIG HELP. Thank you! Please stay safe and warm!
- Drop off and pick up is at the front door.
- All doors will be locked after Tefilah at 4:30 pm on Tuesdays.
- All families are always welcome to stay for Tefilah. It is prayer time, led by our teachers and rabbi, that takes place in the first 30 minute period of the day (4:00 – 4:30 pm on Tuesdays). It is my favorite part of our Family School: not only do you have the opportunity to pray, but you also have the opportunity to see what our children know, and to witness their thoughts and reflections on what this means to them.
- Children will not be allowed to go out to the car without an adult coming in. If your child is in a carpool, please make sure to inform our office of these arrangements and that your child(ren) know who they are leaving with.
- Please remind your child to study. 5 minutes a day is all it takes to make a huge difference. When students are prepared for their class they feel good about themselves and are ready to work. Homework insures the success of each child. Each student only has one hour per week to learn a new language in Family School. Homework will reinforce what they have covered in class. Please be part of your child's success by talking and even learning with them each week.
- We do our best to keep interruptions to a minimum. If your child needs to leave early, please let me know ahead of time and the teacher will prepare what needs to go home and we will have your child ready for pick up.
- All electronic devices need to be turned off and be out of sight.
Important Dates to Remember:
Please mark your calendars and plan on attending.
Tuesday, February 7, 2017: Family School Canceled
- Saturday, February 11, 2017: Shabbat Community Day for grades 1-6. We will be celebrating TuB'Shevat with a TuB'shevat Seder after lunch. Please plan on attending.
- Saturday, February 11, 2017: PreK-K Class 10am - 12pm. Please plan on staying for the pot luck lunch and TuB'Shevat Seder.
- Tuesday February 14, 2017: Family School 4pm - 6:30 pm grades 1-6.
- Tuesday, February 21, 2017: Family School 4pm - 6:30 pm grades 1-6. B'Nai Mitzvah Class, 6pm - 8p,
As always, please feel free to contact me either by phone at (845) 684-4242, or by email at email@example.com, with any questions or concerns. Confidentiality is always ensured.